Waterman Broadcasting of Florida LLC, licensee of WBBH-TV (NBC-2) and operator of WZVN-TV (ABC-7) is a privately owned media company located in Fort Myers Florida, home of some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. Waterman Broadcasting strives to be the best and most respected resource in Southwest Florida that people turn to for public service, news, information, marketing and entertainment.
Newscast Technicians support the daily production of live television & videotaped programs. Responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, chyron and various other television production equipment. We are looking to fill full-time and part-time roles.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must demonstrate positive problem-solving abilities, creativity, initiative, and a desire to grow within Waterman Broadcasting.
- Team members will be presented with opportunities within our technical, editorial, and promotional workgroups.
- Attention to detail is a must in the execution of each of the roles as one of the final gatekeepers of our quality product before it is transmitted over the air.
- Willingness to learn new and challenging roles
- The ideal candidates will have a desire to learn and be a positive member of our team.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare studio and set prior to newscast.
- Operate and maintain working knowledge of production equipment such as cameras, chyron, audio board, etc.
- Maintain production studio and control room.
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Identify and report operational and maintenance problems to prevent production delays.
- Ensure safety measures and procedures are followed to reduce unexpected incidents and hazards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to produce quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technology as needs arise.
- Must work well with others and have excellent communication skills.
- Detailed orientated.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes.
- We expect committed individuals who want to learn and grow within our Company.
Education and Experience:
- Background in broadcast studio production helpful but no experience or degree required to get your foot in the door.
Working Hours and Conditions:
- General office environment with occasional outdoor work in both good and bad weather
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to “breaking news” and severe weather emergencies.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must have the ability to be punctual.
- Materials and equipment used: video switchers, audio equipment, studio cameras, teleprompter, chyon, various other television production equipment, and occasionally use power and hand tools (drill, saw, hammer, screwdriver, etc.).
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel and/or stoop.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Camera and Prompter
Prompter, Camera and Audio
Prompter, Camera, Audio, Chyron
Waterman Broadcasting offers a comprehensive benefits package. Employees enjoy a variety of benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, HSA, 401K with company matching, vacation and holiday pay.
Waterman Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer‘
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location