Executive ProducerDecember 21, 2022
Producer – Digital ContentJune 5, 2023
We are currently looking for an enterprising and energetic weekend morning Anchor/Reporter for our NBC2 station. This position is responsible for anchoring a newscast and writing stories when required.
Must keep up with local, national, and international news and enterprise stories on a consistent basis. Must be able to deliver the news in a pleasant and energetic manner, be comfortable in front of the camera and be able to ad lib smoothly on live television.
This position will also be required to work 3 days per week as a morning reporter on NBC2. This job is not for beginners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and deliver accurate news reports for daily newscasts as well as report and research compelling content for multiple platforms as assigned.
- Research, develop, shoot, write, edit and produce content for multiple platforms.
- Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
- Must connect on camera with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work well under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Remain extremely knowledgeable of all local and national news stories.
- Present stories live as needed with poise and a voice quality which is authoritative, credible, and conversational.
- Interact with producers and news management on story updates, breaking news, and long-term projects.
- Interact with viewers and promote coverage through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station acting as an ambassador for the company.
- Must maintain professional appearance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to develop contacts and relationships within the community.
- Must be a highly effective communicator with the ability to take data and turn it into an easy to understand presentation.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization.
- Must demonstrate strong news judgment and organizational skills.
- Must have good creative and editorial judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
- Maintain strong journalistic ethics.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate cameras and non-linear editors.
- Intermediate level knowledge of social media.
- Must be able to report “live” and ad-lib during breaking news.
- Ability to interact with the general public in a courteous, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Waterman Broadcasting offers a comprehensive benefits package. Employees enjoy a variety of benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, HSA, 401K with company matching, vacation and holiday pay.
Waterman Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates please send resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org